- Can you see an Organization?
- Perhaps you can see the buildings, employees, factory or machines.
- It is interesting to emphasize that we can refer to banks, hospitals, schools, industry, hotels, factories, army and municipality all as some type of an organization.
Definition of Organization
An organization is the planned coordination of all activities of a number of people for the achievement of some common explicit purpose or goal through division of labor and functions and through the hierarchy of authority and responsibility (Schien, 1984)
Kinds of Managers by Level and Area
Kinds of Managers by Level
- The relatively small group of executives who manage the organization’s overall goals, strategy, and operating policies.
- Largest group of managers in organizations
- Implement top management’s policies and plans.
- Supervise and coordinate lower-level managers’ activities.
Managers who supervise and coordinate the activities of operating employees.